Wicks and their materials are an essential part of the vaping experience. In fact, every vaper should know the basics of wicks. This is true because they play a significant role in determining how well all your hits and clouds are, especially when it comes to RDA coil building.
With the use of the right wick, every hit that you’ll be able to take from your RDA coils can be maximised. Each material option has its respective set of ideal applications for various vaping styles. The types of materials that you can use for wicks actually span far beyond the standard cotton roll because manufacturers have discovered new options that are best suited for certain applications.
Regardless of whether you’re a beginner vaper or someone who wants to try new cotton for a different experience, here’s what you need to know about the different wick materials:
1. Cotton wicks
Given the fact that it has established itself as a wicking material popular in the vaping scene, cotton wicks are known to be irreplaceable. This material is standard and able to provide a well-rounded experience for vapers. To better understand what the hype over cotton wicks is all about, let’s look at a few pros worth noting:
- They are inexpensive to buy because cotton is one of the cheapest materials available.
- They can be found in every vape store, online shop, pharmacy, and department store.
- They offer cleaner and thorough flavours within the first few hits because the material itself does not have a distinct flavour of its own.
- They are perfect for vapers seeking low-maintenance experiences because all they need is a short trim, a quick threat, and some soaking time.
2. Rayon wicks
While this material may be better known as a material for comfortable t-shirts, rayon has made its way into the vaping industry as a worthy alternative to cotton wicks. Technically speaking, “rayon wicks” are a common term for a rayon-based beauty product called CelluCotton that has the same advantages as cotton but improves on its weak points. If you’ve been meaning to try a new alternative to cotton, here are a few reasons you should consider rayon wicks:
- They are filled with pieces that are cut to the perfect width for threading in your coils, essentially requiring no more than a trim.
- They make absorption faster because the fibres cut out the need for a soaking session, making it much easier to puff deeply and frequently without the risk of a dry hit.
3. Ceramic wicks
In recent years, ceramic wicks have generated quite a bit of hype as they take the benefits of silica wicks and improve upon them. Although it may seem like an intimidating material at first, there are a few reasons you should consider using ceramic wicks in your setup, such as:
- They don’t dry out and burn even with the deepest of hits.
- They offer a purer flavour experience with any type of e-juice thanks to the permeable nature of the material.
- They aren’t prone to breakage and don’t pose a risk of foreign material inhalation, as compared to silica wicks.
Every vaper has the responsibility to know their wick materials in greater detail because this component plays a role in how enjoyable your vape experience will be! Regardless of whether you’ve been chasing after a purer vaping experience or are curious as to how you can switch up your set-up, it’s always a good idea to try any of the three options in this list!
If you’re looking to learn more about various types of vape wicks, get in touch with us to see how we can help.