Any vape owner who wants to extend their vape's lifespan knows too well the importance of regularly cleaning their vape tank and coil. After all, one perk of good maintenance is good performance. While regular upgrades and changing of vape parts are necessary for a pleasant vaping experience, taking good care of your device is just as crucial.
However, just knowing about the importance of good maintenance is not enough. If you want to prolong your vape's functionality, you need to know the proper steps to care for your tool. Here are some useful tips that can serve as your guide.
How to Properly Clean the Tank
The vape tank is what holds your e-juice. If you do not want any residue floating around your juice, you need to ensure that you clean your tank the right way. Cleaning the tank is also a way to prevent contamination from leftover liquids. Here are the steps to follow to ensure that your tank is in excellent condition.
- To thoroughly clean the vape, you must disassemble the tool first.
- Remove the coil and examine it. If you see that the coil is already burnt, replace it with a new one. If not, separate it and check our step-by-step instructions on how to clean it.
- Empty the tank and make sure that there is no liquid left inside.
- Completely disassemble the tank.
- Bring out a medium-sized bowl and place all the parts inside it.
- Clean all parts with water. If there is any dirt you cannot remove with water, try using a cleaning agent or dish soap.
- Dry everything with a paper towel.
- Then, let it air dry for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, reassemble the tank and device.
The cleaning method will depend on your preference and how much dirt your tank contains. If you need to deep-clean your tank, using non-flavoured alcohol, like vodka, can help break down the e-juice deposits.
If you want to try this step, get a cloth or paper towel and dampen it with vodka. Then, after disassembling your tank, scrub through the tough areas until the dirt is completely removed. Wipe it and rinse with warm water. Like the first instruction's final steps, let it air dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
How to Properly Clean the Coil
Coils have a shorter life span than other parts of the vaping device. It is a sensitive part of the vape that can affect the taste of the juice you are using. If you use a rebuildable coil, here are the tips on how to correctly wash it.
- Your coil should not have any excess e-liquid in it, so make sure to wipe it dry. If you use a removable wick, remove it and clean it with water to remove other liquids.
- Then, soak the coil in a drinkable solvent. You can use vinegar, ethanol, or vodka, as mentioned above. Allow the coil to soak for a few hours.
- Once done, rinse it off with running water.
- Use a brush and gently remove any residue found in your coil.
- (Optional) You can use distilled water to remove the minerals in the coil.
- Afterwards, let it dry. If you want to speed up the drying process, place it under the sun.
- Reassemble everything.
Cleaning your vape tank and coil will not make your vape last forever, but doing so will lengthen its lifespan. Ensure you clean your vape at least once a month, but if you are a frequent user, clean it as often as once a week. Regular cleaning will ensure that your vape works in its best condition, free from any debris and dirt.
If you want to purchase new tanks, coils, or other vape accessories, you can get what you need from our store. V8PR is a vape shop in the UK that provides same-day dispatch and free UK delivery for orders within the minimum rate.