Some vape e-juices contain nicotine, and some do not. Whether you are a former cigarette smoker and want the taste of nicotine in your e-liquid, you should learn how to find the right nicotine level that fits your needs.
Unlike in cigarettes, vapers know how much nicotine there is in their e-liquid bottles, making it much easier to find out which level works for them. Here’s a quick guide that will help you learn how to find the perfect nicotine level for you:
What Is Nicotine?
Nicotine is a stimulant naturally occurring in the nightshade family of plants, such as tobacco. Various studies have found that nicotine consumption has pharmacologic and psychodynamic side effects. Pharmacologic effects include an increased heart rate and heart muscle’s oxygen consumption rate, while the psychodynamic effects include a sensation of relaxation, increased alertness, or euphoria.
Standard Vape Juice Nicotine Levels
Vapers can quickly identify the nicotine level of their vape e-juice because it is stated in its bottle. Also, vape juice has standard nicotine levels that range from 0mg/mL to up to 36mg/mL. Some vape juice producers expressed the amount of nicotine level as a percentage. Cigarette smokers who are transitioning into vaping will also benefit from this guide.
Here are the standard levels of nicotine in e-liquids that you can buy from a vape shop:
- 0mg/mL – ideal for individuals who wouldn’t want nicotine on their vape juice
- 3mg/mL – ideal for former light smokers who used to take not more than ten cigarettes per day
- 6mg/mL – ideal for former light to moderate smokers who are new to vaping, as well as those who used to consume “light” cigarettes
- 12mg/mL – ideal for former heavy smokers who used to take up to 20 cigarettes per day and are new to vaping, as well as those who used to smoke unfiltered cigarettes
Factors to Consider When Finding the Perfect Nicotine Level
The effect of nicotine varies for each individual. Your lifestyle and preferences are just some of the other factors that may affect how nicotine works in your body.
Here are some factors that can help you identify if a certain nicotine level is right for you:
- Usage: It refers to how much you consume nicotine through vaping. If you only vape a few times a day, a higher nicotine level may work for you. However, if you are a heavy vaper, a higher nicotine level may be too much for you and possibly cause you dizziness and nausea.
- Taste and throat hit: It refers to how your throat reacts to nicotine content. Lower nicotine levels are smooth to the throat, allowing the vaper to enjoy the good taste of vape e-juice. On the other hand, higher nicotine levels have a harsher taste and effect on the throat.
- Smoking equivalency: It refers to how much a former cigarette smoker wants to enjoy the same amount of nicotine in their e-liquid. Heavy smokers may prefer higher nicotine levels as well until they get to realise that vaping is different than smoking cigarettes, making them transition into lower nicotine levels over time.
The vape industry has made finding the perfect nicotine level convenient to vapers by creating standard levels in the products. Unlike in cigarettes, you can quickly identify how much nicotine there is in your e-liquid by looking at its label. Vaping is different from smoking, so take into consideration some factors like usage, smoking equivalency, and taste and throat hit when finding the best nicotine level for you.
We’re an online vape shop in the UK that sells various vape e-liquids, kits, and accessories. If you want to have a taste of nicotine in your vape e-juice, make sure to check out our products!