Vaping has grown in popularity after the rise of e-cigarettes, which were introduced to the public market in 2007. Vaping devices include not only e-cigarettes but also vape pens and MODS, which are advanced personal vaporisers. Although vapes come in different shapes and sizes, your vape experience ultimately depends on the type of vape juice you use.
Before you hop on the trend of vaping or switching from one type of juice to another, you should first understand and analyse the types of vape juices and merits of each one. By doing so, you will be able to make an informed decision as you finally quit traditional smoking.
Here’s a quick guide on popular vape juices in the market today:
In the early days of vaping, vape juices were usually called “e-liquids.” Freebase essentially contains levels of nicotine, usually coming in sizes of 6mg, 9mg, or 12mg, depending on your side of the world. Some countries offer 3mg options to 24mg, while others do not offer any amount of nicotine at all.
Here are the essentials on Freebase vape juices:
- It has low nicotine content (usually between 3mg to 12mg). This can be hard on the throat as it is of higher strength.
- It offers a slower nicotine absorption rate, meaning that you will need to vape longer to get your nicotine fix.
- It has complex flavours that come with high sucrose content. This makes Freebase is much denser in liquid form, making it easier to oxidise.
- It requires mouth to lung vaping styles differing from the traditional cigarette smoking hit.
- It is usually played around with PG and VG ratio. This allows brewers to produce maximum flavour capacity or create massive clouds tricks.
- It usually comes in 30ml and 60ml bottles.
2. Nicotine Salt
Contrary to what many believe, there is no presence of salt in Nicotine Salt, so the alleged salty taste does not exist. It is steadily gaining popularity due to its smoothness, making it an instant hit among vape users. Also called the “Nic Salt E-liquid”, it has been dubbed as “the stuff of vaping dreams.”
Below are the reasons Nicotine Salt is different from Freebase:
- It has a high nicotine content but is smooth on the throat.
- It allows for a faster nicotine absorption rate. With Nicotine Salt, a few puffs from your vape will be enough to satisfy your nicotine cravings.
- It comes in flavours that are subtler and low in ‘sweetness’.
- It mimics actual smoking in terms of vaping hit, which means that the formation of large clouds is impossible.
- It is not as dense as Freebase, which means that the oxidisation rate is slow––the slower the oxidation rate, the longer the shelf life.
- It comes in smaller capacity bottles, usually ranging from 10ml to 15ml.
3. High Throat-hit Pod Compatible (HTPC)
HTPC is essentially Freebase with higher contents of nicotine, but catering more to the throat-loving hit vapers. It also has a lower nicotine strength compared to Nicotine Salt, usually ranging from 35mg to 50 mg. In other words, HTPC falls in between the two types, in terms of nicotine strength.
HTPC has emerged due to the advancement of the pod devices, normally catering to Nicotine Salt. The demand for it has also increased due to Freebase vape fans who are looking for a stronger experience of the throat-hit effect, which the original Freebase cannot give.
Conclusion: Which is suitable for you?
The choice varies greatly and depends heavily on your preferences. If you’re in the process of quitting traditional smoking to switch to full-time vaping, Nicotine Salt would be your best choice. Doing so will make your quitting process easier, as it mimics real smoking experience without the nasty chemicals, such as tar. It’s also easy to use and provides for a faster nicotine absorption rate, meaning that your nicotine cravings will always be satisfied. If you’re looking to switch vape juices, it’s best to either go stronger (Freebase) or lighter (Nicotine Salt of HTPC) depending on your current vape juice level.
Looking for an online vape shop to purchase vaping kits? Check out our online collection! We’re one of the leading e-cigarette companies in the UK and have been supplying the vaping community with only the best for over 8 years. Browse through our collection today and find what you need!