The vape market has had a booming industry since the first launch of modern e-cigarettes in 2003. What started as crude devices have evolved into what they are now today—more sophisticated ones. In fact, vaping enthusiasts are now presented with plenty of options that will suit their different vaping wants and needs.
In this article, we will share four types of vaping devices you can choose from so that you will learn more about them and see which works best for you:
1. E-cigarettes (first generation)
Also known as cig-a-likes, they are the first type of vape devices ever created. As the name suggests, they look like cigarettes in terms of size and appearance. Often seen in gas stations, they are used as an entry-level vaping device. There are two kinds of e-cigars, as follows:
- Disposable e-cigarettes: With this kind, you’ll buy a prefilled cartridge and vape the device. Once done, you can throw it away as it cannot be refilled.
- Refillable and rechargeable e-cigarette: This one allows you to refill your preferred e-liquid manually and recharge your device. As such, you don’t have to toss this out after using the first time.
2. Vape pens (second generation)
Vape pens came out in the mid-2000s, which were larger than the original e-cigarettes. Today, they have the latest features incorporated to them, which are relatively small compared to their first release. They are now notable for their cylindrical shape, which comes in various models. They have also risen in popularity brought by the cannabis industry, where CBD e-juices are used for vaping. Four distinct features make up various types of vape pens today, as follows:
- Fixed voltage
- Sub-ohm tanks
- Variable voltage
- Variable temperature
3. Vape mods (third generation)
Vape mods are among the latest models in the vaping industry. They are known for their advanced features and not to mention firepower capabilities. Mods originate when vapers would modify their flashlights into vaping devices—hence, the name. Today, they have a wide array of stylish designs and features due to the public acceptance and commercial availability of vape devices. With that, vape mods are sorted into two categories:
- Regulated: They are those with a circuit board inside them, allowing safety and personalisation features to be incorporated (such as variable voltage, wattage, and temperature control).
- Unregulated: They are those that have none of the built-in features mentioned above, which means having no electrical circuitry incorporated to protect the users from device malfunctions.
4. Pod mods (fourth generation)
Pod mods are the latest devices in the vaping industry, and they have gradually taken the whole world by storm due to their low wattage feature and nicotine salt e-juices. They are deemed as the new and improved versions of e-cigarettes. There are two kinds of pod systems that are available in the market, such as:
- Closed pod systems: They are disposable devices with pods prefilled with vape juices.
- Open pod systems: They are manually filled with your own choice of nic salt vape juices, where the cartridges can be replaced after four to five refills.
At this point, we’ve covered four types of vape devices—e-cigarettes, vape pens, vape mods, and pod mods. Each has its distinct features and attributes, as well as pros and cons. To that end, be sure to consider the valuable information discussed above and see what works for you because the right vape device will take your vaping experience to the next level!
We’re an online vape shop in the UK offering e-juices, kits, tanks and clearomisers, coils and accessories, as well as batteries and vape mods. If you’re looking for a vape device that suits your vaping needs, check our wide selection and place your order today!