Vape is fun as it gives you the smoking experience minus the harsh chemicals you would usually get from smoking tobacco. Plus, the experience is fun as well, as there are many options and e-juice flavours you can explore. However, things can easily go downhill when you start to experience a burnt taste that doesn’t seem to go away.
What Are Burnt Hits?
Burnt hits are indeed one of the worst things vapers can experience. However, it can happen almost to anyone, regardless of the vape you use. Knowing the common causes of burnt hits will help you solve this issue.
Burnt Hits Vs. Dry Hits
Burnt hits are different from dry hits. Dry hits are unpleasant, but they’re not that shocking compared to burnt hits. A dry hit may be experienced quickly as soon as the wick of your coil dries up a bit. When this happens, you’ll get less flavour and exhale less smoke. That isn’t a burnt hit yet, but if you keep at it without doing anything, eventually, you’ll start to experience burnt hits. That’s why you shouldn’t disregard dry hits at all.
The Causes of Burnt Hits
There are various causes to burn hits, such as:
- High wattages: When you vape at high wattages, it will vaporise the e-juice fast. This will result in burnt wicks, despite the juice inside. To avoid this from happening, make sure you only vape within the recommended wattages.
- Chain vaping: If you take too many puffs in a row, expect the wick to dry up fast. If you experience a roasted taste, that means a burnt hit is coming. So, it’s best you put your vape down for a while to allow liquid to cover the dry spots of the wick.
- High-VG e-Liquids: There are some vape tanks that allow for high-VG juice, while others only require half PG or more to function well. Make sure to check the size of the wick channels; if the holes are of a small diameter, it’s likely the tank will not work well with high-VG juice.
- Failure to prime coils properly: Priming the coils is important to get them ready for first use. You can do this by letting the wicks get saturated with e-juice. You can avoid the burnt hit by priming your coils properly.
How to Prime Coils
Priming your coils is very important if you want to avoid burnt hits; hence, it calls for a specific section in this post. Since all vape tanks come with replaceable coil heads, here’s a simple guide in priming coils:
- Drip e-juice on the wicking holes and inside the coil head. Three to four drops are recommended.
- Assemble the tank and fill it with e-liquid. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Inhale the tip of the mod without firing to speed up the process. If your vape mods need wattage adjustment, start from the lowest recommended wattage and raise gradually until you find the right spot.
Now that you know how to avoid burnt hits, you can enjoy the vaping experience more. Keep all these things in mind so you can make the most out of your vape.
Need top-quality e-juice, tanks and mods? Check out V8PR, a reliable online vape shop in the UK. We sell over 1,000 branded products that will surely enhance your vaping experience. Shop now!