Did you know that your vape coil is the heart of your device? Whether it's a mod or e-cigar, your coil is responsible for heating the vape juice and vaporising it. It is a relatively simple mechanism made of a coiled wire or mesh piece and a wicking material, such as cotton. It also comes in various types, such as ceramic, stainless steel, titanium, and nickel coil, meaning that your options are unlimited!
However, your coil isn't designed to last forever, where its longevity depends on its exposure to heat levels and its frequency of use. Yet, there are ways to prolong its lifespan and improve the quality of your vaping. One way is to clean it when you're using a replaceable coil head or rebuildable coil because the one for a pod system doesn't require cleaning at all.
In this article, we will share our step-by-step guide on how to clean your vape coils:
For replaceable coil heads
Although the replaceable coil head can be cleaned, it cannot be not totally revived. Encased in a small metal chamber that contains an absorbent wick, this coil typically comes with a sub-ohm tank and clearomiser. For the most part, you can simply soak your coil and have the water get rid of some of its residues. Yet, you may need to wait for the water to evaporate, and that takes time. For this reason, the best course of action is to follow the old soak-and-rinse method. Here's what you can do:
- Soak your coil in ethanol, vinegar, or vodka for a few hours before putting it under the tap and rinsing it.
- Be sure to re-rinse it but now with distilled water.
- Blow air on its open side to allow the water to pass through the wicking holes.
- Set it aside for a while to allow the water to evaporate.
- Expose it a bit to the sun or a heater to speed up the process.
- If it's completely dried off, and the wick looks news, go ahead and use it.
For rebuildable coils
A rebuildable coil allows you to install and wick. Not only will your rebuildable atomiser enable you to clean the coil alone, but you will also be able to clean everything. All it takes is to remove the wick from your coil, click the fire button to get rid of the remaining e-juice, allow it to cool down, and re-wick it. It's straightforward and relatively simple! For a deeper cleaning process, here's what you can do:
- Uninstall the wick from the coil.
- Dry burn your coil lightly but don't allow it to glow.
- Remove the atomiser from your mod and put it under running water.
- Brush it lightly using a coil-cleaning tool or a toothbrush and apply a bit of dishwashing liquid.
- Once thoroughly done, be sure to re-rinse it.
- Finish the cleaning method with a final dry burn to get rid of the last water droplets.
At this point, you now know how to clean your vape coil. Whether it's a replaceable coil head or rebuildable coil, be sure to follow the key steps outlined above. By doing so, you can ensure your coil will last for as long as possible and you'll always have an optimal vaping experience!
Are you looking to replace your vape coils? We're an online vape shop in the UK offering e-juices, kits, tanks and clearomisers, coils and accessories, as well as batteries and vape mods. Check our wide selection and place your order today!